Pigfoot N Beer

Tales of Booze, Blues and Bikes

Friday 12 February 2010

Proper Gander


Guy sent me link with a pic of my VL from GK this month. (http://www.bikeexif.com) But spotted in the older posts a 1948 Indian 648 Big Base Scout! Drool drool! Only seven factory Big Base ‘Daytona’ Scouts still exist. The ‘Big Base’ Indian 648s were the ultimate development of flathead engine technology, with high-dome pistons carrying two compression rings and one oil ring. The name came from the huge oil capacities, because the bikes were fitted with extra-large sumps designed to help engines cope with the stresses of racing. It says later in the post that thanks go to Steve Plowman of Strathbran Speed Shop.....please tell me you didn't let this pass through your hands Steve?!

1 comment:

  1. If only !!! no , I just came across the picture and write up and had it on the Scout blog, one day I will build a big base replica, I doubt I'll ever own a real one ;-)
    Hasta el dia!

    ReplyDelete